The course aims to introduce the main terms, theory, legal document and initiatives regarding EU green deal, digitalization and circular economy. The content is divided into four modules, each focusing on differen aspect of the general topic. The course provides a thorough overview of the EU legislative framework, enabling VET educators to gain essential knowledge and take into consideration various documents, strategies in the context of digitalization and the transition towards Industry 4.0.
The course provides a thorough overview of the EU legislative framework, starting woth the EU Green Deal, taking the learner through all related reports, strategic documents, outcomes and initiatives. Starting with and putting the focus on the European Green Deal, which aims to transform the EU into a modern, resource-efficient and competitive economy, ensuring:
● no net emissions of greenhouse gases by 2050
● economic growth decoupled from resource use
● no person and no place left behind
Evidently introducing the topic of circular economy as European Union is currently updating its legislation on waste management to promote a shift to a more sustainable model. The circular economy is a model of production and consumption, which involves sharing, leasing, reusing, repairing, refurbishing and recycling existing materials and products as long as possible.
The course also touches upon digitalization in terms of advantages of digital transformation and twin transition. Also, providing insights for successful digital transformation of SMEs. Last but not least, the rearners attention is drawn to the topic of resources, being an essential element of a business and the importance of their sustainable use.
After completing the course, the learner will gain/ have:
- Knowledge of the terminology regarding green transition and green eco system
- Ability to identify the main advantages of the transition to circular economy
- Knowledge of the main steps for implementing successful digital transformation
- Ability to find and understand legal and regulatory documents for the topics of the course
- Knows the basic terminology regarding supply chain management
- Ability to implement the main rules for waste management